Are you looking for a job in health care? There are many different types of medical careers and although most of them may be difficult to attain due to cost and educational requirements, the good news is that there are some that do not have as many restrictive requirements.
Phlebotomy is an example of one of those jobs. Phlebotomists are responsible for duties that involve a patient’s blood. They will include collecting blood samples along with analyzing and interpreting results. The role involves a mixture of technical ability, intellect and a warm personality. Prospective workers should be comfortable working in a team and also by themselves when required. Here are some of the benefits of the job:
1. Low educational and training requirements. The first thing people think about when mentioning a medical career is the high costs of education and length of training. However, as phlebotomy is a specialist area primarily focusing on blood, it does not have such requirements. The cost of study can be as low as $1000 and the length of study can be anywhere from 10 weeks to one year depending on the qualifications you require.
2. Respectable salary. Most people dream of a high salary and fortunately a job in this field will afford you a very comfortable standard of living. The average salary for a phlebotomist is $30,000 and depending on the level of experience and workplace, they can expect to reach $50,000 annually within a few years.
3. Respected medical career. Phlebotomy is a highly respected profession and probably the most respected when compared to other medical assistants and aides. The reason for this is that they specialize in one area and without them; doctors would not be able to do their job. They play an important role in the health care process.
4. Fulfilling Job. A job may be very high paid but if you do not enjoy it, things can be very difficult and stressful. Fortunately, phlebotomists have one of the most rewarding jobs on the planet as they actively play a role in helping patients recover from their illnesses. Not only will you find it a fulfilling job, you will also get to meet a lot of new people and learn about their lives.
5. A Great Uniform. If you care about how you look when you are working then you would not have to worry if you choose to become a phlebotomist. In some jobs you may be forced to wear horrible looking uniforms but fortunately that is not the case for this occupation. Phlebotomists wear smart uniforms which can be instantly be recognized as medical staff.
The benefits mentioned above show that phlebotomy is a good career choice for many reasons. If you would like to help others while working in a respectable and highly paid job, choosing to become a phlebotomist could be the perfect profession for you.